The ASEM DUO Fellowship Programme offers the possibility to professors, lecturers and researchers to do an exchange by pair in Asia and in the Wallonia Brussels Federation.
Application duration : 15 February 2019 to 24 April 2019. The applicants are informed of the outcome of the selection by 26 June 2019.
Amount of Scholarship :
The amount of the grant awarded to the pair of professors is 5,000€ per month for the two professors (or a total amount of 15,000€ for a three-month exchange for the pair). This amount includes mobility and per diem costs.
- Applicants must be member of the academic or scientific staff of an institution of a Wallonia-Brussels HEI or an Asian HEI (i.e. they must be remunerated by the HEI and it must be their main occupation). However, the following groups are not entitled for a fellowship:
- Students and PhD students;
- Professors emeritus, honorary professors;
- Teaching assistants;
- The Wallonia-Brussels and Asian HEIs must be recognised/accredited by the competent authorities in the field of higher education;
- The Asian institution must be located in one of the following countries : Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam;
- The Wallonia-Brussels and Asian HEIs must signed a cooperation agreement or must have expressed the intention to sign one in the two following years;
- The applicants who already begun the exchange before the 1st August 2019 do not qualify for the grant;
- According to the framework established by ASEM-DUO, the citizenship of the professors is not a criterion for eligibility;
- The fellowship programme is open to all disciplines.
Required documents :
Documents have to be sent in ONE single PDF document:
- The completed 2019 application form for the DUO/Wallonia-Brussels Fellowship Programme. The application form must be typewritten and submitted in PDF format;
- A copy of the academic cooperation agreement between paired institutions or the declaration of intent to sign one in the two following years;
- The passport copies of the two applicants;
- The résumé of both applicants (maximum 5 pages).
Application must be submitted by the institution to the following address : email@example.com
For more information, please follow this link / e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org